Today I’m participating in the renowned meme created by The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Best Bookish Memories
1. Staying up all night, under my covers, to finish “Titanic: The Long Night” by Diane Hoh. This was the first time a book had grabbed my attention in such a way. I was eight years old.
2. Rereading all of the Harry Potter novels before the fifth one came out at my Grandpa’s lake cabin while everyone else played cards, golfed, and fished. Family members called me unsocial but my mom stood up for me.
3. Bringing books with me to classes in high school and pulling them out because they were just that good.
4. Running the BEA information booth with Sheila.
5. Meeting Lauren Oliver at BEA and having her remember me. Actually – can we just say BEA in general?
6. Reading in Central Park with Sheila.
7. Reading “Wither” by Lauren DeStefano and completely falling in love with Linden even though he’s technically “the bad guy.” That’s when you know you’re reading a book by an amazing author.
8. Teaching “The Hunger Games” to my freshmen before it was a big thing.
9. Reading “Pride and Prejudice” while in Alaska on a cruise ship. I remember curling up with my book and settling into this comfy chair and watching the Alaskan landscape and ocean pass me by and thinking that this was the most perfect moment.
10. Getting my first ARC in the mail and thinking “Wow, I am able to read this before everyone else!” How did I get so lucky!?